Pokémon Go event – Every single upcoming Pokémon Go Event listed:
Go Battle League Season Four
The latest Pokémon Go Battle League, season four, will kick off on Monday, September 14 at 13:00 PDT, and will feature a myriad of changes and rewards.
Here are the full details:
- Season five will commence with the Great League on Monday, September 14 at 13:00 PDT, running until Monday, September 28 at 13:00 PDT
- The Ultra League will then kick off, lasting until Monday, October 12 at 13:00 PDT. The Premier Cup has a 2,500 CP limit
- Following this, the Master League will take place until Monday, October 26 at 13:00 PDT. There is no CP limit for this Premier Cup
- A new Halloween Cup will take over until November 3, 2020 at 13:00
- All three leagues will then run until Monday, November 9 at 13:00 PDT, when season five will begin
Niantic has also detailed the following changes for season four:
- Rank progression will now require you to win a certain number of battles up to rank nine, though you’ll need a rating of 3,000 to reach rank ten as before
- You earn stardust between rank one and three
- You earn stardust, TMs, and a raid pass from ranks four to ten
- Rank ten players earn a new avatar pose
- Those at rank seven or higher at the end of the season earn an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM
There are also the following balance changes:
- Bug Buzz: this attack now has a chance of lowering an opponent’s defence
- Flame Charge: this attack now deals less damage and raises the user’s attack
- Signal Beam: this attack now has a chance of lowering its opponent’s attack and defence
And the following Pokémon can learn these attacks:
- Vespiquen: Signal Beam
Niantic is hosting a Go Battle Night on Thursday, September 24 between 18:00 and 23:59 local time, which features the all-new Flying Cup.
Here are the full details:
- Only flying-type Pokémon are allowed, with a CP limit of 1,500
- You can complete 20 sets of Go Battle League battles
- You receive double stardust for winning battles, completing sets, and ranking up
- Evolve Pidgeotto during the event to get a Pidgeot that knows Gust
September Community Day will take place on Sunday, September 20, and feature Porygon, as voted by the community.
Here are the full details:
- September Community Day will take place on September 20 between 11:00 and 17:00 local time
- Porygon will appear more frequently in the wild, and you may encounter Shiny Porygon
- Evolve Porygon2 during the event to receive a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack, which makes its Pokémon Go debut
- Earn a surprise by taking snapshots during the event
- A special box will be available in the shop for 1,280 PokéCoins, providing an Elite Fast TM, three Incense, six Lucky Eggs, and 30 Ultra Balls
- A Special Research story called Decoding Porygon will be available for $1, and sees you join Professor Willow as he strives to learn more about the featured Pokémon
- Triple catch XP is in effect
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
In celebration of the new Mega Evolutions, there are three weeks of themed events starting from September 1. There are new mega raids which let you gather mega energy, and as you might guess, mega evolve your Pokémon. There are plenty of other events too:
- If trainers complete two million mega raids between September 1-7 everyone unlocks Mega Pidgeot
- If trainers complete 275 million battles between September 11-17 everyone unlocks Mega Houndoom in mega raids. These battles include using your mega evolved Pokémon in gym battles, team go rocket battles, and trainer battles
- If you complete the timed research story between September 22-28 you’ll unlock a timed research featuring Mega Gengar during Halloween
You can find out full details on all Pokémon Go’s Mega September events on the website. Have fun!
Given the disruption caused by technical issues during Dragon Week, Niantic is holding a makeup event across the globe between Friday, August 21 at 08:00 and Wednesday, September 2 at 22:00 local time.
There will be a new timed research, which rewards trainers with the exact same rewards as those that were available during the Dragon Week timed research. However, the tasks will be slightly different, and other features of the event, like certain Pokémon appearing more often in the wild, will not be active.
Alolan Raichu features in August’s Research Breakthrough encounter, which will run between Tuesday, September 1 at 13:00 to Thursday, October 1 at 13:00 local time.
September Spotlight Hours
Niantic has released the schedule for Pokémon Go September spotlight hours:
- Tuesday, September 1: Eevee is in the spotlight, and you earn double XP for catching Pokémon
- Tuesday, September 8: Houndour is in the spotlight, and you earn double candy for catching Pokémon
- Tuesday, September 15: Tentacool is in the spotlight, and you earn double candy for transferring Pokémon
- Tuesday, September 22: Spearow is in the spotlight, and you earn double XP for evolving Pokémon
- Tuesday, September 29: Skitty is in the spotlight, and you earn double stardust for catching Pokémon
Niantic is hosting a special Go Battle Night on Thursday, September 24 between 18:00 and 23:59 local time. During this time, you’ll receive double stardust for winning battles, completing sets, and ranking up. You can also complete 20 sets of Go Battle League battles, up from five.
Niantic has teased a new Special Research story, which will take place “at the end of September”. You’ll help Professor Willow as he researches the mythical Pokémon Victini.
If you participated in the Pokémon Go Fest 2020 ‘Rocket Start to Victory’ Special Research, you can get Victini candy by completing this one.
We’ll add more details as soon as we learn more.